Apply for immigration under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) Express Entry is an immigration program administered by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the department responsible for immigration to Canada.

If you intend to immigrate to Canada under the FSWP and obtained your academic credentials outside Canada, one of the requirements is to obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes.*

Some organizations were designated to provide ECAs for principal applicants. Depending on the eligible occupations listed below, five academic credential assessment services and regulatory authorities have been designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to provide an ECA.

Eligible occupation
 Organization designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to provide an ECA

NOC 3131 Pharmacists


Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada

Phone : (+1) 416-979-2431
Fax : (+1) 416-599-9244


717 Church Street Toronto, Ontario M4W 2M4 Canada

NOC 3111 Specialist physicians
NOC 3112 General practitioners and family physicians

Medical Council of Canada

Phone : (+1) 613-520-2240
Fax : (+1) 613-248-5234


1021 Thomas Spratt Place Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5L5 Canada

For all other eligible NOC under:

Comparative Education Service

Phone : (+1) 416-978-2400
Fax : (+1) 416-978-2185


162 St. George Street, University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Toronto, Ontario M5S2V8 Canada

International Credential Assessment Service of Canada

Phone : (+1) 519-763-7282
Toll-free : (+1) 800-321-6021
Fax : (+1) 519-763-6964


102 - 100 Stone Road West Guelph, Ontario N1G5L3 Canada

International Credential Evaluation Service

Phone : (+1) 604-434-5734
Toll-free : (+1) 866-434-1610
Fax : (+1) 604-435-7033


3700 Willingdon Avenue Burnaby, British Columbia V5G3H2 Canada

International Qualifications Assessment Service

Phone : (+1) 780-427-2655
Toll-free : (+1) 310-0000, 780-427-2655
Fax : (+1) 780-422-9734


9th floor, 9942 108 Street Edmonton, Alberta T5K2J5 Canada

World Education Services - Canada

Phone : (+1) 416-972-0070
Toll-free : (+1) 800-361-6106
Fax : (+1) 416-972-9004


1400 - 2 Carlton Street Toronto, Ontario M5B1J3 Canada

For more detailed information on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's requirements for this immigration program, visit their Web site.

A requirement for immigration purposes only

*It is important to note that obtaining an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is a requirement for immigration purposes only.

It is separate from the process of obtaining a licence to practise from the relevant regulatory body.

Obtaining a licence to practise is not required to apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's FSWP program.

How to obtain a licence to practise

You may use CICIC's Directory of occupational profiles for information on the recognition of your professional qualifications and the process for obtaining a licence to practise.

What is the National Occupational Classification (NOC)?

The same occupation can be called different things in different countries. In Canada, organizations use the National Occupational Classification (NOC) to classify and describe occupations.

NOC consists of a specific occupation title (e.g., accountant) and a four-digit NOC code (e.g., 1111), along with a description for the occupation.

To find the title of your intended occupation in Canada and its NOC code, search the NOC Web site.

You can also learn more about NOC.