CICIC's English Terminology Guide for Academic Credential Assessment in Canada was developed as a pan-Canadian primary reference source for the field of academic credential assessment and recognition.
Given its significance, the terminology used in the Lisbon Recognition Convention (LRC) and its subsidiary texts was considered, along with that used by competent authorities such as:
- ministries/departments responsible for education, labour market, and/or immigration in Canada;
- education-related international and inter-regional organizations (e.g., UNESCO, Council of Europe).
In addition, a number of organizations in and outside Canada have published glossaries, guides, lexicons, and other references in which terminology associated with this field is highlighted. Some resources listed below were collated through an extensive research and literature review to support working-group discussions in the development of CICIC's terminology guide.
Some of these may:
- be sector- and/or region-specific;
- be broader in scope than assessment and recognition specifically;
- be used by different target audiences; and
- have been updated between 2011 and now.
You will find some of those references listed below. Please note that this list is by no means comprehensive.