Prepare for your arrival

Consult the Government of Canada's Web site on country travel advice and advisories to find the latest information for your country of destination.

Assistance to Canadians abroad

Global Affairs Canada offers Canadians travelling or living abroad access to various services through the network of embassies, consulates, high commissions, and other Canadian government offices abroad.

These can be contacted in person, by e-mail, by phone, or using other communication channels.

They may offer consular services to assist with:
  • replacing lost passports;
  • natural disasters, arrest and detention, or other emergencies.